- Owner money back guarantee
Owner money back guarantee
We work hard to keep the Rentna community a safe place to rent your items. As per our Terms of Service, renters who fail to return or damage an item are liable to pay the full replacement or repair cost of the item, regardless of the circumstances. However, in the event that the renter is not cooperating and payment is delayed 30 (Thirty) days we have got you covered. When you rent out your items on Rentna some item(s) is covered by our guarantee up to 20,000 (Twenty) Php per item and our customer support is available if you need any instant advice.
If you have your own commercial insurance (items or real estate), you will be required to claim on this before you claim on the Rentna Guarantee. If your commercial insurance will not cover it, or your claim is rejected for any reason, you can claim on the Rentna guarantee.
Your items are guaranteed up to the value of 20,000 (Twenty) Php per item or the total value you paid for them or lesser (on your proof of purchase). It is at Rentna’s discretion whether we pay out the purchase value, replacement value, or organize you a replacement item, but we’ll always try and please.
Please also note that we don’t guarantee late fees. However, if a renter returns your item late, and doesn’t voluntarily pay for it, we will do everything we can to recover those fees on your behalf.
There are a few exclusions:
- Real estate (eg. houses, warehouses or land).
- Chemicals, liquids or any consumables.
- Weapons (obviously!).
- Wear and tear - minor superficial or cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality of the item,e.g. small dents, scratches etc.
- Lack of maintenance or appropriate preventative precautions, e.g. we will not cover for flat tyres or punctures on soft (pneumatic) tyres for electric scooters (hard tyres are expected and the only ones that are covered for damage).
- Software or internal components of any machinery rented individually, e.g. a computer's GPU/CPU/Motherboard
- Public liability.
Are You Eligible?
To be eligible you must be able to answer the following statements truthfully:
- I am the person who created and verified the account on Rentna which rented out the item in question.
- My account on Rentna hold the status "Full-Access".
- I am 18 or older.
- I have provided all of the requested and correct documentation to make a claim.
- I have not been convicted of, or charged with, any offence other than motoring offences in the past 5 years.
- I have never been subject to a court judgement, small claims or to bankruptcy proceedings.
- I have never had insurance cancelled, refused or declined or had any special terms imposed.
- I have not made more than 2 insurance claims in the past 5 years.
- A family member or friend is not to be allowed to rent between one to another.
What Do You Need To Do Before And After The Rental?
Make sure you do the following:
- Use the internal chat to protect yourself and secure your conversations.
- Take photos or a video of your item within 12 hours before your item is picked up for rent. These need to be time-stamped so we recommend taking them on a smartphone where timestamps are automatically recorded.
- If your item has a core function you need a video of this working. E.g. if it’s a drone - a video of it flying. Or if it’s a mixer - a video of it in action where we can hear the sound. This way if there is no external damage but it stops working you can prove it was working immediately prior to the rental. And equally, if you believe that the item has been damaged during the rental, please make sure to document that by photos or videos taken/recorded within 24h from when it has been returned.
- If your item hasn't been returned on time or it has been returned damaged you must open a case us within 12 hours of the end date of the rental via the dispute form.
- Make sure all items you give the renter are mentioned in the listing. If they’re not in the listing, they’re not guaranteed.
- Make sure you can locate the proof of purchase and serial numbers for your items, these will be required for successful claims.
- Proof of insurance
- Most often it's quicker and cheaper if you and the other party are able to resolve the issue directly between yourselves. But don't worry if not, our dedicated Resolutions Team will be able to mediate the dispute on your behalf.
- You must contact the renter to try to resolve the matter directly. If that is unsuccessful, then our dedicated Resolution Team will be able to mediate the dispute on your behalf.